First, I had to pick up some stuff at Wal-Mart and when I left, it was raining. So I headed off on a little drive. So far, every where I have headed has pretty much been south of my apartment. So, I took off going North. Found a Bed, Bath, and Beyond that I was looking for the other day and saw a few new eating places I'd like to try. Local place called Five Guys that serves sandwiches and more stuff from an Italian bistro called Mimi's. As it quit raining, I headed off for Ybor City.
Ybor City (pronounced ee-bohr) was explained to me as something like the Haymarket back home. I was really excited to see the shops and the local eating places. (Not to mention the parking is cheap. $1 for the first three hours!) Ybor City is the original cigar rolling district. The original architecture is still there, too.

However, I found out that it was more like downtown Lincoln. The shops were all modern chains, alternative styles or vintage clothing. I did find an ice cream shop that makes homemade ice cream and also mixes things in like Coldstone. I got the cinnamon ice cream (a lot like Ivanna Cone's) and the mixed in a piece of fresh apple pie. They literally cut a slice of a pie there and mixed it in. It was awesome! Every third or fourth store seemed to be a tattoo parlor, but some of the bars and restaurants seemed cool. They have a Coyote Ugly bar, a greek restaurant, and Irish pub and this place....

Ahh....Captain shall have to come down and we will plunder and guzzle ale as we get pirate souvenirs and gifts. Yearghhh....And when we are done, you can get yourself and wench and I shall find a strapping sailor so we can head into their courtyard for......

There are trolley rides and a movie theater too. Though it is not at all like the Haymarket (not an antique in sight), it was pretty cool.
3 comments:
Cool. Sounds like fun - to spend a day exploring. Thanks for taking the time to share pics!
What fun! I love exploring new places - and that ice cream with pie sounds awesome!
It's sad that I haven't even explored the town in which I have lived the last 9 years half as much as you have the one you've resided in for a week. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself!!
Post a Comment