Monday, August 13, 2007

Random things.

Just got a hold of my cousin and decided to move up the hair hacking date. I have a work banquet (our annual award party) on Saturday the 25th that I was going to keep my hair long for, but decided that I did not want to make an extra trip back to Trumbull to do the final cut. I will be back on the 18th for a family reunion and she said that she is willing to cut it then. My cousin has been my hairstylist for the last few years since she truly understands my hair. I love having her do it and she is always willing to take chances, which I am always up for.

Oh, and to answer your questions, I am donating my hair to Locks of Love. Jodi gets to do whatever she wants to it as long as she takes off 10 inches. Lucky me, I think that X will quit talking to me over this. He gets all bent out of shape when I talk about cutting my hair (Yeah me!), and once when I told him that I had hacked it off when we were dating he almost hung up on me. Silly men and their hair complexes.

Oh, and I want to get in on this recipe trend you ladies have set. Here is my favorite 5 minute dinner that is fun and tailored to whatever I want for that day:

Flatbread "pita" pizza:

Flatbread/pitas ("flatout" wrap bread is the best)
olive oil
mozarrella cheese
toppings (I love mushrooms and cherry tomatoes)

Place a pita on cookie sheet and spread oil over it leaving the edges dry so they get crispy. Cover with toppings and shredded cheese. Baked at 350 for 5-7 minutes.



This is a great little dinner/snack that the kids can help with too! (And I got it from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy!)

3 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Sounds yummy - thanks for the recipe. Can't wait for pictures of the hair cut!

I'm assuming that we are waiting until next time that you are in town to do a bloggers dinner? :-) That's okay tho', I'm unbelievably stressed, crazed, etc with school starting. If you are in town or if it is going to work - let me know! Maybe it would work.

Jacqniel said...

Yes, pictures! pictures!
Thanks for the recipe. I think I'll get the ingredients to have on hand for lunches. I can never think of anything good to eat and always end up throwing a healthy choice meal in the micro - yuck!

Unknown said...

I happened to come across your site because I am a food writer doing a story about flatbread, and I Googled blogs to see what people are doing with Flatout flatbread. I'm looking for people to interview about what they've made with flatbread. If you're interested in being part of the story, e-mail me at tmleach@gmail.com and I can explain what it's for. Thanks! Tanya