Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend

Okay, so this is going to be long, so pace yourselves. This last weekend my friend Brandy came in from Dallas. Her boyfriend Fungai (Yes, Fungai. He's from Zimbabwe.) had a tennis teaching thingy here in Tampa so they both came down for the weekend.

But first of all, regular updates. On Thursday night, I ran into my neighbor Greg(the nice guy). He was outside with his brother and dog. (Both are quite cute, but the dog wins by a hair.) He said that he had gotten my phone call and was not avoiding me, he was just busy. I just told him I figured he had added me to his "Crazy Neighbor" list. Anyway, he was out of town again last week, but he said he'd like to take me up on that drink. Look mom! I have friends!
I'm getting excited to come home in a few weeks. I miss my family and friends, especiallly Alaina. Fungai kept getting calls from his nieces, so I missed mine.


Here is a little slidshow of my weekend:


We started off Friday night eating ouf for Brandy's b-day at The Me1ting P0t. It was okay, but not really worth the price. Especially since they only give you about 15 things to dip in the awesome chocolate. If they would have given us spoons, we would have ended up eating the chocolate by itself. I think it would just be a better idea to buy their chocolate and do it at home. Funny story there. The waitress came by and dropped off the meat and stuff for the entree and gave us this spoon:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She said to use it so rescue any food that falls off our sticks, but when she said the name we all thought she said "rusty" spoon rather than "rescue" spoon. For the rest of the night we kept saying "Pass me the rusty spoon".

Also, I went au natural to pick up everyone at the airport since I knew that Brandy would need to change too. We got all dressed up and once we sat down at the restaurant Fungai said "you look different with mascara on". Different? He said different as in good, but really, Brandy should train him better.... :)

Saturday was a long day. We dropped Fungai off at his tennis thing at 8 am (well actually a little late, since I took the wrong highway). Brandy and I headed to the beach and stopped by the Fort De Soto state park. There is a little fort with cannons and the old powder rooms and such there. It was pretty cool. In the storage areas, you head down a hall and then back around a corner (L-shaped) and there is a little window you can look to the front of the fort through.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I told Brandy to stand there while I headed around to take a pic of her. When I got to the entrance to the other room, this lady was rushing out and grabbing her kids. She had a hand to her heart and was all pale. As I went to head in to get my pic she just grabbed my arm and pointed at the back of the room, looking all alarmed. HaHa, she thought Brandy was a ghost. (Imagine seeing this, but the room was actually dark. Brandy was just a sillohuette and there is a faint glow from behind her....)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

While we were at the pier nearby, everyone was fishing. As we walked to the end, one guy at the front of the pier caught a HUGE fish. It was a snook, and people were speculating that it would indeed meet the 28-33 inch slot allowed. (Learned a little about the local fish too!)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I couldn't figure out why everyone freaked out about a fish once they caught it. They would frantically start reeling it in and yankin on the line. Once we hit the end of the pier, we figured out why:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As they would reel in the fish, the dolphins would snag them off of their lines. My first Florida dolphins!!

We headed backto the apartment and watched a movie. Then, off to pick up Fungai (I got lost....again-but we found a cool park!?) We came back home and at decided to stay in. However at about 11pm, Fungai decided we shoudl go out. So, Brandy and I got all dressed up and we headed out for the 5 leveled club in Ybor. Got back in at 1:30 am and had to get Fungai back to the tennis club at 8 am again.

This time Brandy and I stayed in the area and headed off for Hillsborough River State Park. We first hit the trails for a 6 mile hike. It was pretty fun. Lots of bridges and beautiful forests:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(And seriously. Look at how long my hair is getting already! I don't think I'm going to make it back to NE to have Jodi cut it!)
After our hike, we headed to the pool there. It was nice to just chill and read out workout and trashy magazines. Right when it started to rain, we headed back to the car and it was time to pick up Fungai. Off to home where we all showered, they packed and off to the airport. Whew! I was exhausted so off to home to take a nap. What a weekend!

4 comments:

Jacqniel said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Super job with the pics!

Melanie D. said...

What beautiful views! Love the dolphin picture!!!

Mimi in the Midwest said...

The ghost story was very funny! But that poor woman......... I am glad you're making friends....seriously. I want Notting hill for you- friends!!

Unknown said...

glad you had fun! I miss you. Also, your hair grows like a weed.