Wednesday, February 24, 2010

YEAH!

I got the job, as you all know. I will be working in downtown Lincoln at Health and Human Services. Move job descriptions will occur after I start. You never know what you are walking in to, as I have discovered. Here is what I know:

I moved to FL. My job at the time sucked, but had nice perks. (Like letting me move to FL...)
That company started to tank so I left. (Okay, for real, the CEO was a jerk and I stated it outloud so they kinda tried to shove me out as I was walking through it...)
Started new job, got laid off.
Found current job. Have AMAZING supervisor who took a chance on me with no supervisory experience. I got the best evaluation ever just a month ago proving that I am indeed a stud.
Found job in NE that is almost exactly like current job. How perfect!! I could not have done it if I had not moved to Florida. I now have supervisory experience and opportunities that would never had befallen me should I have stayed with Talent Plus in Nebraska. Gotta love karma.

On to the present:

Booked a plane ticket for dad. It was free since I cashed in an unused flight. Ca-Ching!
Got a sweet deal on a moving truck. Shopped at lunch and when I went to book it this evening, it was over $100 cheaper! Ca-Ching!
Gonna be living with the sis in Lincoln so she gets my rent and I rent for cheap. Ca-Ching!
Three weeks ago I called VS at gateway and they were not hiring. Called today and they said they are taking applications and hope to hire in Mid-March. When I said I was a transfer, she said OF COURSE! I will be transferring to the store three blocks from the house. Ca-Ching!
All that vacation I was saving to go to Germany, will be cashed out for me when I leave. Ca-Ching!

What does this leave me with??? Being broke when the IRS takes everything left over from the move on April 15th.

*Sigh* At least my sister will keep me company as I eat pnut butter sandwiches and ramen noodles.

(Oh, and one more Ca-Ching. My teacher at the gym is not a seller of poles and she said she can get me a small discount. Here's to hoping I don't lose all my skills before I get the $$!)

2 comments:

Mimi in the Midwest said...

Sounds like a great opportunity. So glad you've "gone for it"!! You'll never be sorry.

Anonymous said...

You think you will be allowed to eat Peanut butter and raman noodles at my house? Pshaw! Not a chance sister!

Althought if you wanted to you could be on the Alaina meal plan, which is pretty much Chicken Nuggets, PB toast, vanilla yogurt, and fruit.