Friday, January 1, 2010

2009

I was going to post about the last decade, but since I graduated highschool at the start, it would take forever to list all that I have done and learned. So here goes with 2009:

I learned this year that I could find a new strength in my body. Pole classes seems trashy to some people, but it is very similar to gymnastics such as the rings and aerial dancing with the long silk fabric strands. I love it and have finally found something that keeps me motivated.

I learned this year that I have a great strength of character. I have put myself through a lot while being away from family, but have endured. It has been rough, but I know that I am growing still, even after two years of being away from home.

Last January I became a supervisor for the first time. Though I do not enjoy it much, I learned that I am good at it. I can be level headed and actually have a knack for knowing when someone has crossed that invisible line of being unacceptable.

I learned that I miss family and am ready to come home. Being away when Baby K was born and missing out on birthdays, saying good-bye to important family members, and old friends weddings has really taken it's toll this year. I am now working on getting back home.

At the age of 28, I am now an adult. You know how I know this?? Retail. I am the most responsible person and EVERYONE knows it. It's not like in college where my managers loved me and the older coworkers hated me for being the well-liked college girl. I am liked and respected at my job.... at both jobs actually.

And my finally little notes of humor: I learned there are two kinds of stripper poles: one that spins and the static kind.
I learned that if I were to date a guy fresh out of high school, I would be a puma, not a cougar. (You have to be over 35 to be a cougar.)
I learned that girls will apologize in order to be your friend, once it is established that you ARE indeed the coolest chick with the coolest hook-ups in the place.

Farewell 2009, bring it on 2010!!

3 comments:

Mimi in the Midwest said...

Good lessons. It's better to learn those lessons early in life than to struggle trying to figure out "what's going on" until you're 50.

Mimi in the Midwest said...

I know this is premature, but- will you have to change your name MBG if/when you move?

Melanie D. said...

I like the part where you come home. :0)
You're ahead of the game...I finally feel like a grown up this year. At 32.