Sunday, September 6, 2009

Funk

That's what I'm in... a funk. Last Sat "my boyfriend" asked if I had any friends that were like me to recommend for jobs too. You know, mature, hardworking, reliable. Ideal associates.

(The reason he is called "my boyfriend" is because about a month ago I asked him if I could start coming in at noon on Sats to go to the gym. (he does the scheduling) He stated he might like to join my gym.... uh, not unless you want to learn to pole dance... The girl with us had lots of questions cuz she wants to try it. Later he commented that my boyfriend must like the benefits of the gym.
Uh, no BF. He then followed it up with a comment about how a pole-dancing, MA degree, VS part time job must make me the ultimate woman. BTW- This guy was out this week for his professional foozeball tournemant. No joke. That brought about the whole BF nickname.)

Anyway, that story put together with two more managers going on about how amazing I am this weekend and the fact that the only guys that are interested in me are douchebags made me think, If I am so amazing, why am I miserable in my life?

Seriously, my GYM is the highlight of my life right now. Rob called from PA. He really wants to come visit me... He's a douchbag. Jeff from TP in NE called, he really misses me and constantly tells mutual friends how amazing I am. Stupid boys.

This blog was pathetic. I am pathetic. I know my life is great. I know that I am a cool chica. I know that soon I will be home in NE with family, the timing is just off. But I can't help but think "Am I doing something wrong?"

4 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I'm sorry about your funk. I get in one monthly and lay low until it lifts. Sleep helps too, you've been working your butt off! I think if you just continue to live your life in the best way you know how, things will happen for you that you hadn't even known could be so good. And you know you have no control over that, right?
Find a good church with happy music and go there next Sunday. Or Saturday night. It's the best cure for a funk that I know.

Mimi in the Midwest said...

I vote with OM. Plus you have to have a happy complete life before you can share it with someone else. At least you have a mom who adores you!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I don't think you are doing anything wrong! These feelings come and go, but regardless you are still one of the most kick-ass people I know, and I miss you tons.

nikkis30by30 said...

Yes, you are wrong in EVERYTHING you say and do!!!


Ok.... you know I am kidding. What you need, along with what OM and Mama say, is a good cup of coffee with ME!!! So, start the pot brewing, call me, and let's chat. Stacey, you are no dummy. You know that you are one of the smartest, funniest, most beautiful women God blessed us with. Keep that chin up. You will never be alone, even if there isn't a stupid boy in the picture right now. It will happen.

Just stop being so picky about the "right one"!!! LOL!!!!! Ok.... KIDDING! RELAX!!! We all love you and we are the only people that matter! ;)