E shared with me a new concept. At Disney, to keep motivated at work and to continue to seek out ways to go the extra mile, each person has a "pixie dust" story. Here is E's:
When she first came to Disney, her and her sister were amazed that the soap had Mickey stamped into it. When they would return to the hotel, they would argue over who got to use the soap first. One day the housekeeper stopped by and asked if they needed anything. Their mother introduced her as the lady who brings the Mickey soap. They were just in awe of this woman and asked her several questions about the soap. The last day that they were there, they visited the parks until noon. As they returned to the hotel they dragged their feet and were not looking forward to ending their vacation. However, when they got back to their hotel room, there on the bed was a gift bag stuffed with as many Mickeys soaps as the housekeeper could fit into the bag.
Soap! What a little thing that the housekeeper did, but that helped E to decide that she was someday going to work for Disney!
I got to thinking about it. What is my pixie dust? I don't know that I have a specific one that keeps me going, but I have many defining moments in my life. The closest I have for my career is this:
I was hired in July to work part time for Tplus. That October, they had their awards banquet party. Being single, I went alone. It was quite an event. Held at the Sheldon Art Gallery, we started the evening with a champagne toast and some of the ritziest appetizers ever. After handing out the awards, we all just mingled and had a good time. I was talking with Kimberly R, the President, and we were approached by one of the most senior analysts and his wife. When KR introduced me, she said to his wife "have you met Stacey Dangler? She is one of our newest associates, and we expect great things from her."
What's your pixie dust?
1 comment:
My pixie dusts 1) I thought I had cancer because I felt a lump when I laid on my stomach- it was son #1. 2) I had 4 contractions, walked in the ER entrance my water broke and son #2 was born on that spot. 3)"Here's one and here's the other" said during an ultra sound in my 7th month of prenancy which produced the last but not least, daughters #1 and #2. 4) I still get excited every time I see your dad walk into my range of vision.
Post a Comment